Pages

September 08, 2012

Hello Again

So obviously I have seriously neglected this blog...again. Sorry. But actually I don't feel that bad because I don't think anyone reads it anyway :) But I have some free time (amazingly) and instead of perusing Pinterest I thought I would do a little update. I'm sure anyone who reads this already knows that we are expecting baby number 3. Yes, I know, it's quick. I am due January 30, which means we will have 3 little ones under the age of 3 until Regan's birthday on February 18. Needless to say I was really scared and freaked out when the test came up positive (this wasn’t planned, I know that’s the golden question everyone wants answered). But a couple weeks after I found out we were in the temple and I got a really strong and reassuring feeling that it even though it wasn’t our plan it was His plan and it will be okay. That isn’t to say it won’t be hard, dang hard. But eventually it will get easier just like it did with one and two. It is hard at first until we adjust and get into a routine and then things start to ease up a little bit. I have faith that we will get through it.

In other big news we are living in Spokane now with my sister Sara. This wasn’t part of any plan we had either. We came up here as soon as Matt’s spring semester ended to visit and see family and friends. When some of our friends who just opened a restaurant in Coeur D’Alene found out he didn’t have to go back to school until January they convinced us to move up here and live with them so Matt could work at the restaurant because they really needed good help. So in a matter of days we left the girls with my sister, drove to Rexburg, packed up all of our stuff, put half of it in a storage unit and drove back up to Coeur D’Alene and in with our friends and the next day Matt started working. We were there about two weeks and things were not working out at all but we gave up our apartment in Rexburg and had no place to go. So my wonderful sister offered her house to us. We have been on the waiting list for a nice subsidized town home in Rexburg and don’t want to go sign a lease somewhere else so it didn’t make sense to turn around and head back. It was definitely a crazy and extremely stressful few weeks but life has been much better here at Sara’s.

Regan has latched on to Sara like she’s never latched on to anyone except Matt’s sister Erinn in Maine. She has some pretty cool aunties and I am glad she has been able to spend enough time with some of them to form relationships. Alexis is really happy here too. Sara has a nice big house so she loves to be able to roam around wherever she pleases. She is getting too quick at the stairs though so I am constantly chasing her up them before she falls down or using chairs and benches around the house to block them since our gate doesn’t work very well. She is such a sweet and funny little baby; she is always making some silly face or noise and is giving out laughs more freely than she did a month ago. She also loves food, real food. I of course tried pureed food with her first at around 6 months and she had no interest whatsoever so I kept trying every couple of weeks. Finally we gave her a pizza crust one night and she went to town. So I guess she just wanted to jump right into the good stuff, I can’t say I blame her! It is hard to believe she will be a year old in less than 2 months; this year has gone by SO fast. I guess the time isn’t going to slow down though with a third already on the way.

I know everyone is anxious to find out if we are having a girl or boy this time, I definitely am too! The big 20-week ultra sound is on Monday and if the baby decides to cooperate we will finally know! It can’t come soon enough. I would love to have the patience to be surprised but I don’t and my other excuse is that I don’t feel completely connected to the baby when I don’t know if it’s a he or she. I am hoping for a boy this time around, Matt actually wants another girl. I just can’t imagine another girl; I will start to worry that we will end up with all girls. It wouldn’t be the worst thing ever but I definitely want to experience both worlds, I want at least one rough and tough little boy. I have a feeling I will get my wish though. I realized the other day that with both of the girls, even though they were planned, I didn’t care about the gender of the baby until I got pregnant. Then it didn’t take long either time for me to feel really strongly that I wanted a girl. This time I wanted a boy right away. So I decided that it must be some kind of mother’s intuition, or maybe I am just spoiled ;) We will see! I have some really fun ideas for the gender reveal. I am not going to be boring again and just post “it’s a …” on facebook. I want to take a fun picture to post and send to everyone. I am definitely excited about this baby though and in love with him/her already despite my knowledge of how hard it is going to be. Family is the most important thing to me and I know it is my purpose to be a mother and I am happy and so grateful for all of the children Heavenly Father entrusts to me and blesses me with. I know that I am SO blessed to be able to have children and to get pregnant so easily and I will not take that for granted by being upset and unhappy about another child. This baby is wanted and loved just as much as my first two. God has been really good to us, we might not have a lot of money or nice things but we do have so much to be grateful for and we do have a really great family and a great life!

Sorry for the novel of a post, and bless you if you read it to the end. I will try to post more regularly but don’t get your hopes up ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey-I read your blog! And I just read your review on cloth diapers. We're looking into them so your info was great. I couldn't find you on facebook so could you maybe email me your response? km.pearson2@gmail.com. I am wondering about newborns. The one size seems great but you said they probably wouldn't be small enough for a newborn. I just need direction and maybe any other diapers you've tried and such. Thanks! :)