Pages

March 25, 2012

Cloth Diaper Wet Bags

Since we are now using cloth diapers full time, I needed a couple water-proof bags - one for the diaper bag to put dirty diapers in while we are out and one to use as a laundry bag. I already had some PUL fabric from when I tried to make diapers so I turned to Pinterest for a tutorial on how to make a wet bag. I of course was able to find a perfect one that was fairly easy to sew and fit my needs perfectly. I found the tutorial here and was able to make the bag in a couple of hours. I was pretty proud of it, it was my first project that had zippers! 
So once I had that made I needed to make a laundry bag. I pretty much just cut a long rectangle and sewed it up the sides, then made a casing for my string to make it a draw-string bag. I made it big enough that it can sit inside our trash can, or I can just hang it on the closet door. It serves its function perfectly :)


I love being able to sew, it gives me a great creative outlet and saves us money!

2 comments:

The Dennett's said...

I love your blog! And I love your projects! I wish I could sew better, I can basically sew a straight line and thats it. haha. I'm glad the cloth diapers are working out for you, they really are so cute!

Weather Anchor Mama said...

HI!! I just read your comment regarding weaning your little on off the paci on Baby Making Mama. Just curious, how old is she? My daughter is 20 months and wasn't sure when to begin weaning. I'm still nursing so, I'll doing double duty. lol