Pages

December 16, 2012

33 Weeks

33 weeks! What the heck?! How is it already a week before Christmas?? I can't believe how fast life is flying by these days. This belly is just growing and growing and the little boy inside is super active lately, sometimes it is even a little painful. When I found out I was pregnant for a third time I expected the pregnancy to be as easy, if not easier, than the first two. Boy was I wrong! I have discovered that the more kids you have, especially close together, the harder it gets. I think my body is just so tired, not only from the pregnancy but from having to care for two active little girls at the same time. My least favorite thing these days is bending over but with a toddler who REFUSES (not can't, just refuses) to walk, I have to do a lot of it. Thankfully I have an amazingly helpful husband who is not working or in school right now so he is home with us all the time. It has been so nice spending so much time as a family and having Matt around to help out. Despite his help though I am still so tired all the time from not being able to sleep. Also, if there is one thing I am looking forward to being done with once baby is out, it's heartburn. I really hate heartburn, it is the worst! I can't even drink water now without the burning following soon after, sometimes I even get it when my stomach is empty. Okay, enough complaining, I know I have it way easier than a lot of women!


(sorry for the bathroom self-portraits, Matt is sort of awful at taking pictures, haha!)

I'm still nervous about having this baby due to the jealous nature of Alexis, but I am really trying not to worry and stress about it because I know it doesn't do me any good. It is what it is, it will be what it will be. We went and took a tour of the birthing center and I have been able to meet both of the midwives who are taking over my care. I feel more at ease about the birth now. I have accepted that fact that I won't be able to have this baby in the water, but the rooms at the hospital have Jacuzzi tubs in them that I will be able to labor in until my water breaks. The hospital is really new and they have plenty of amenities so I know my stay there will be comfortable. They also seem very open to letting me run the show rather than imposing their "policies" on me, like letting baby room with me 24/7 even though they have a nursery. So now that I'm not worried about where I will be giving birth I am getting excited about it. I know it sounds crazy, but I really do love labor/delivery, it is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced and I get to do it again! I am really torn between wanting this baby out now and not wanting it to be so soon. Part of me can't wait, and part of me can :) But it doesn't really matter, he will come when he comes and I am very excited to meet him! 

2 comments:

The Dennett's said...

I forget, have you not delivered in Rexburg before? The LD unit is really great- have no worries! the jacuzzi tub is wonderful, I must have sat in that thing for an hour after delivery and it felt soooo good. The staff really caters to you. Ask for flavored ice while you're in labor- it is awesome! And the chocolate shakes from the cafeteria are SO SO good...ask for one of those with your first meal after delivery. and the take-home gifts they give you are pretty good, too :) you will LOVE it! I had both my babies there and I'm afraid to have a baby anywhere else...lol.

The Garlands said...

I remember being so ready to have heartburn done too. I'm sure your labor and delivery will be amazing! Any worries and I'm sure Matt will give you a blessing to help out with those worries. :)