Pages

October 22, 2012

Alexis is 1!!

My baby girl turned ONE!! I can't believe it. She is still my baby but her turning one means she is going to become a toddler over the next few months and one day soon she will not be a baby anymore. I love this age though. She is mobile (although not walking yet) and can explore things on her own, I love watching her play with her toys and make new discoveries and learn new things about her world. She is also so fun to play with, she loves to rough house with us and be tickled and chased and her laugh is so adorable and infectious. She loves to play with Regan when Regan will actually play instead of teasing. But the best thing about this age is that even though she is getting more and more independent she is still attached to her momma and loves to snuggle and be held. She loves kisses although she tries to kiss with her mouth wide open :) I just love her cute little personality and I love seeing how she is different from Regan, she is her own unique person, God made her special and separate from anyone else.

Despite their differences Alexis and Regan are becoming the best of friends. Alexis has been having a hard time going to bed at night and last night was no exception. After spending half an hour trying to rock her to sleep I wasn't getting anywhere and I gave up. I put her in her crib knowing she would not be happy about it and left the room. I went to the bathroom and came back to see how she was doing. Matt was sitting in the other room listening and I asked him how it was going. He said Alexis was crying but then he heard Regan say something to her and she stopped for a minute, then started up again. Regan said something else and Alexis stopped crying and went to sleep! I have heard her singing to Alexis before while they were in bed and Alexis was upset. They definitely have a special relationship and I am so glad that Regan is learning how to be the best big sister ever.

We had a small party for Alexis with my family that is here in Spokane. We made pizza (homemade is better than anything you can buy BTW) and I made some chocolate cupcakes. We all sang "Happy Birthday" to her, which she loved! Then I gave her a cupcake and let her go to town. She was pretty prissy about it at first like she didn't want to get dirty. But once she tasted it she happily shoved handfuls into her mouth :) She got a couple little presents and had a blast playing with her cousins. I am looking forward to the next few months with her and Regan before I have to split my time 3 ways instead of 2. I hope we can make some fun memories and enjoy being a family of 4 just a little bit longer.

Here are some pictures from Lexi's party:











No comments: