Pages

February 01, 2013

Small Victories

Well we made it through the first week, the first 3 days of being home alone without daddy. We did it, we survived! And honestly it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be which is a huge relief and confidence booster. But today wasn't the greatest, I woke up already done with the day because the night was pretty rough. Raylan is going through some kind of growth spurt I guess because he did not miss a feeding, he was up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours and it was hard to get him to go back to sleep after each feeding. So I am exhausted and I was way less patient with the girls than I should have been today. But I am trying to stay positive and focus on my strengths and victories this year instead of my failures. So here are some of this week's little victories:

Raylan has already gained more than a pound which means I am making enough milk for him! I always stress about this because my milk only lasted 3 and 5 months with the girls, so I am happy that at least right now my body is producing enough.

I have kept up with the laundry and the dishes all week, even on the days that Matt wasn't home.

I managed to make it through all 3 days this week on my own without killing any of my kids! Haha! But seriously.

I refrained from having something on for Regan to watch all day long and kept her and Alexis entertained with other things.

I made sure to give each of my kids attention and keep the girls involved with the baby so they haven't gotten jealous of him.

Nothing major, but I am thankful for the divine help I received this week and even more thankful that I feel less stressed about being the mom of 3 instead of more stressed! They might be small, but they are still victories!

Annndd you all probably saw the sneak peeks of Raylan's newborn pictures on Facebook but here are my favorites from the entire session!








Thank you so much to Brittany Stanly Photography for these beautiful pictures of my sweet baby Ray! If you are in the Idaho Falls area I highly recommend her!! 

1 comment:

The Dennett's said...

LOVE the pictures. so sweet.

oh, and to answer your question I use Picasa to make blog headers with fonts I download off the internet. You should let me make you one. seriously. just give me the word and I'll do it!!! ;)