Pages

October 15, 2012

24 Weeks

I made it to 24 weeks! 24 weeks is a milestone I always look forward to passing in pregnancy because that is usually the earliest doctors will try to save a baby that is born too early. I know it's a gruesome thought, but my biggest fear was always that I wouldn't be able to have children and now that I obviously have no problem getting pregnant, my biggest fear is losing a child. There really is no need to worry though, I have measured perfectly at every appointment, my blood pressure is fine and baby boy's movements get stronger every day so I know he is doing just fine in there. The bigger my belly gets the more real he is to me. I am a little more nervous these days about the reality of 3 under 3, especially since I did the math again and if this baby comes 2 weeks early like his sisters did then Alexis will not be 15 months yet. We will have 3 under 3 and two of them will be babies barely a year apart. I don't want to jinx myself or anything, but honestly I think twins would be easier than babies a year apart. They will both be so demanding but their needs will be so different, and then we throw a crazy almost 3-year-old into the mix and things are just going to be really hard and crazy. I know it doesn't do me any good to worry about things I can't control though so I am trying really hard to stay in the now and worry about things I can control. All worrying aside, my pregnancy is going great and I am very in love with this tiny boy in my belly! 
As far as names go we haven't added any more to the mix and Brady is still my favorite, but (don't tell my husband!) Edwin is actually starting to grow on me, especially since Regan chooses Edwin more than Brady when I ask her which one she likes better. And it is my father-in-law's name, even if he wouldn't admit it, so it gets an extra point for being a family name. My biggest concern with the name is that people will shorten it to Ed, which I hate. So if we name him that do me a favor and never call him Ed, ok?? :) 
Sorry for the horrible iPod picture, it was the best I could get Matt to do for me and I prefer it over taking a picture of myself in the mirror ;)


No comments: